COVID-19 Update April 28, 2020
Governor Eric Holcomb’s latest executive order has lifted restrictions on healthcare related visits and procedures effective Monday, April 27. His order states that individuals may leave their home “to engage in activities or perform tasks essential to their health and safety” including “to visit a healthcare professional.” He further defines dental offices as healthcare professionals.
We are excited to resume dental care for our patients! We are opening with a limited schedule on Monday May 4th. We are adjusting our schedule and hours in order to comply with recommendations and to make sure we are able to go above and beyond to keep our patients and staff safe. If you have had an appointment moved, cancelled, postponed, we will be contacting you in the next few weeks to help you reschedule.
We will also be contacting those patients who have upcoming appointments in order to confirm dates and times as they may have changed slightly or may need to be moved. We ask that you continue to be patient with us and understanding of the situation. We are doing everything we can to comply with newer recommendations, still help our patients maintain the best dental care, and provide the atmosphere and treatment you have always expected and depended on.
As always, our practice adheres to all CDC and OSHA regulations. Due to COVID-19, we have added interim supplementary precautionary measures to reduce risks even further:
- All patients should text or call our office at (260)925-2812 upon arrival to the office. We will let you know when we are ready for you to come to the door. If possible, the patient should arrive by themselves. For young children and those who require assistance, one parent or caregiver will be able to accompany the patient into the office, but may not be able to go back to the treatment room.
- For those patients with no cell phone, please come check in at the reception window and we will give instructions at that time.
- We ask each patient to use the provided hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the office.
- We will be taking every patient’s temperature prior to their cleaning and a pre-screening questionnaire will be completed prior to your appointment.
- A pre-treatment mouthwash will be given to each patient to swish in order to decrease bacterial load.
- We have removed all books, magazines, etc. from reception area. A patient sanitation station is available.
- We have modified the check-out area for patient and staff safety.
- All team members will have their temperature taken 2x per day and complete a pre-screening questionnaire.
- Clinical staff will always be wearing masks and incorporating other protective measures like face shields.
- Every effort will be made to practice social distancing (with reception and check-out).
- We are working on staggering appointments and for a short-term period we will have fewer appointments available in order to manage number of people in the office at one time.
- All touch points will be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- We will be adding HEPA UVC air purifiers to our reception and front desk area.
- We are installing automatic door openers for front door and vestibule door (hands-free).
- We are looking to add further air treatment in the near future as systems become available (many on backorder currently).
Again, we ask that you come alone to your appointment or your companion stays in the car. With children, we ask that you check them in, but we are limiting the number of people back in the clinical areas.